Once Upon

Once Upon

Monday 20 May 2013

Millican and Me

Along with many other things, when it comes to my 'outdoor' escapades, I am strangely inspired by the life and times of Mr Millican Dalton......self proclaimed 'Professor of Adventure'....If you want to know more about this remarkably individual man then I urge you to 'look him up' through the witchcraft that is the web....and I defy you to not embrace the legend of the fella.....no matter how scanty the info is on him.....(there is actually a thing called a book however...made out of paper and everything ?!).
I like to think that my own  suspiciously blissful and regular forays into the hills of old MD's beloved Borrowdale, echo the spirit of the man himself.....So much so that if I could get away with it, I am, in moments of lyrical silliness, actually tempted to temporarily adopt his unique sartorial style whilst meandering the fells........but maybe not.......the high altitude branch of Social Services may be subsequently scrambled.....I shall content myself with continuing to enjoy the lifelong interests that unknowingly yet spookily exactly
mirror Millican's individual activities.....and outlook. Yay me.

No comments: